TDE has reached R14.02. If you are looking for XP like experience (and even W7) then TDE is for you. There is even a Quick Launch that actually works with full Drag&Drop support.
The Trinity Desktop Environment (TDE) development team is pleased to announce the immediate availability of the new TDE R14.0.2 release. The Trinity Desktop Environment is a complete software desktop environment designed for Unix-like operating systems, intended for computer users preferring a traditional desktop model, and is free/libre software.
R14.0.2 is the second maintenance release of the R14.0 series, and is built on and improves the previous R14.0.1 version. Maintenance releases are intended to promptly bring bug fixes to users, while preserving overall stability through the avoidance of both new features and major codebase re-factoring.
R14.0.2 Release Notes
This section highlights some of the most important fixes introduced by this release
* Fixed installation/logon problem when installed in systems with Unity and Gnome (see here for more details)
* Added support for Ubuntu 15.10 – Wily
* Added ports of some applications for FreeBSD
* Added support for XDG_SESSION_DESKTOP and XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP in TDM.
* This improves coexistence with other desktop environments
* Added subversion 1.9 support
The complete list of bugs fixed in this release is available here.
A detailed commit change log is also available here.
Read more at: http://trinitydesktop.org/